Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cherries and Lemon Curd

this summer, i have posted a list of goals for myself. i tend to get lazy with sticking to a schedule during the summer months & i need to keep myself on track for when it’s time to go back to work in august. the goals are very simple and one of them is to eat at least one serving of fruit each day. i don’t naturally go for sweet foods, as i like salty snacks best. in an effort to make my goal each day, i’ve had to find fruits that I really enjoy. my mom turned me on to eating frozen cherries. they are very tasty, with both a little taste of sweet and a little taste of sour. a few days ago, i ate frozen cherries with some of mom’s homemade lemon curd. her lemon curd is silky and smooth. i not only use it with cherries, but i put it in plain greek yogurt as well. it’s fantastic, i tell ya! the recipe will be coming soon. here’s a peek of my tuesday afternoon pre-workout snack.

other fruits i’m loving right now are strawberries & apples…nothing too exotic, but it gets the job done, i suppose.

blog 001


don’t be fooled. this picture is rather deceiving. the portion that I ate was much larger than what’s in the photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment