Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Happenings

I had a very restful and rejuvenating weekend, which I really needed.

On Saturday morning, I ditched my workout….to go shopping! I’m not so proud of that, but it happens. When a friend calls and says that the entire Ann Taylor Loft store is 40% off, all other plans are immediately halted. I happily arrived at the store at 10am sharp to find a bunch of very eager shoppers just like myself. It was like a party in there and you could just tell that all the ladies were excitedly looking for new Fall pieces. I browsed for a while, and then…the dreaded line to the fitting rooms. It ended up not being too bad of a wait, and it only took me about twenty minutes to get a fitting room. I bought two pairs of cords, a black and reddish/orange color. The red/orange color is just something that’s fun to have, and the black pair are classic and will be so practical and versatile. Here they are.

red and black cords

I decided to give myself a pedicure when I got home. I had a real pedicure about six weeks ago, and it was time for a trim and new polish. I love painting my nails, and I’m good at it. I kinda stink at pedicures though. I took my time and was determined to get it right this time. I wanted to do it well so it would last. As I said, I can usually get about six weeks out of a real pedi, which, I think, is pretty impressive. My pedi looked great and I was so happy to be letting my toes dry all afternoon. Well, we decided to go for a walk on the Lakefront later in the day. I strapped on my exercise socks and shoes. We had a lovely two mile walk with our puppy, Cami. BUT, when we got home and I was taking off my socks and shoes, I had to literally peel my socks from my nails. Yikes…sheer horror! My beautiful pedi now has sock material print all over. As my husband says, it looks textured now. Not the look I was going for!So, I’ll try again tomorrow. I want pretty toes…for free.

We threw together the simplest dinner ever on Saturday night. I marinated chicken tenders all afternoon and we threw them on the grill (ignore the burgers in this old pic). So juicy and tasty, and I cooked extra so we would have leftovers. Yay for leftovers! On the side we had microwaved sweet potatoes with butter. Normally, we go all out with sweet potato toppings: cinnamon, almond butter, maple syrup. But this time, we both wanted them rather plain, with only butter. They’re so delicious in their natural state that I can easily eat them plain.

barbecue chicken

It was my pick for movie night, so, of course, it was a girly one: The Lucky One. I loved it!

Sunday, I finally got in my scheduled workout. I shoot for exercising three times a week while I am working, four or five times a week when I’m not working. I consider three times a week an accomplishment, as my job is physically demanding and I am on my feet (getting a workout!) almost eight hours a day. It always feels good to work the muscles properly though and really sweat.

Well, that rounds out another weekend for us. I know…we’re such a wild and crazy couple! Now, I’m looking forward to a few more cool fronts to hit. One is actually on the way right now! The official start of Fall is this week and I need some pumpkin in my life real soon. Maybe next weekend…

 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you bought some orange cords. I've been trying to get the courage to buy pants with color. I think I just might do it :)

    ReplyDelete