Sunday, September 15, 2013

Coconut Oil

coconut oil sugar scrub

I am rarely ever without a jar of coconut oil. It is so versatile, and it’s uses range from cooking oil to facial cleansing oil, to everything in between.

Here are eleven ways I use coconut oil:

to coat vegetables that are are going to be roasted
for sautéing veggies
when baking, as a substitute for other oils
when making homemade granola bars
in salad dressing (mixed with other ingredients)
as cuticle moisturizer
as after shave leg moisturizer
in hair to tame the frizz
on the scalp to help dryness
as a makeup remover
as a facial cleanser

I use coconut oil quite often in my kitchen in place of other oils. I’m also loving it as my face cleanser. I’ve cleansed only with oil now for the last 6-8 months. This method really agrees with my skin as my skin tone has evened out greatly and I rarely ever breakout. Makeup comes off very easily with coconut oil as well.

I’ll leave you with a recipe for my favorite facial scrub.

Coconut Oil Lime Sugar Scrub

1 tbs coconut oil
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbs sugar of your choice

Mix together and slather this on your face in circular motions. You will wake up the next morning with fabulously bright skin!

 

1 comment: