Monday, July 29, 2013

Lunch Salad

Lunch Salad

I don’t know about where you are, but it’s pretty sweltering here today! I’ve been in and out of my house everyday this summer trying to get this kitchen renovation finished. Looks like we’re getting close! On days like this, I find myself needing a really cool lunch. Salads are perfect for this. Who am I kidding though? I eat some variation of a salad almost everyday of the year for lunch. I need my greens on a regular basis!

Into this salad, I threw about 2C of lettuce, 2tbs. golden raisins, 1/2 apple, 1tbs. garden fresh green onions, 1tbs. shredded smoked gouda.

My “go to” salad dressing usually consists of:

horseradish mustard
pepper jelly (homemade, from a friend)
olive oil
balsamic vinegar

I really don’t measure much, but the mix of sweet and salty in this salad with the dressing was outstanding.

Lunch Salad

 

No comments:

Post a Comment